Re: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

Apologies for the thread break; reading from *not* my usual computer.

Glenn Maynard wrote:
Regardless of whether choice of venue is a "fee", the only people I've
seen who appear to believe that choice of venue is free are you, Lex
Spoon and Sven Luther.

On the other side, we appear to have: Edmund Evans, Steve Langasek,
Andrew Suffield, Brian Sniffen, Evan Prodromou, Branden Robinson, Josh
Triplett, Michael Poole, MJ Ray, Nathanael Nerode, Henning Makholm, Raul
Miller, Matthew Palmer, Walter Landry, and myself.

Actually, Matthew Garrett convinced me that choice of venue could be DFSG-free (see, our opinions are not set in stone), although I still dislike it; see the bottom of http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/07/msg00812.html, which nobody commented on.

Informal and inexact as my reading of these people's posts may be, I
honestly think you overstate the disagreement on this issue ...

I think we *do* have consensus that choice of venue clauses should be discouraged, certainly?