Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: New ocaml licence proposal.

Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> writes:

> On Jul 27, 2004, at 09:24, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
>
>>       a. You must ensure that all recipients of machine-executable
>>       forms of these items are also able to receive and use the
>
> "receive AND USE" ?
>
> That's a little worrying. Am I responsible to make sure they know how
> to use their C compiler? That they have a C compiler?

That is worrying, but I expect it's there to prevent dongleware.  I
don't see a way to prevent dongleware without also preventing Google
-- really, what is a hundred thousand machine server farm and five
years of data but a really, really big dongle?

-Brian