Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: New ocaml licence proposal.

I'm still confused by section 6 of the modified QPL:

6. You may develop application programs, reusable components and other
software items that link with the original or modified versions of the
Software. These items, when distributed, are subject to the following
requirements:

      a. You must ensure that all recipients of machine-executable
      forms of these items are also able to receive and use the
      complete machine-readable source code to the items without any
      charge beyond the costs of data transfer.

      b. You must explicitly license all recipients of your items to
      use and re-distribute original and modified versions of the
      items in both machine-executable and source code forms. The
      recipients must be able to do so without any charges whatsoever,
      and they must be able to re-distribute to anyone they choose.

As far as I can tell, that means that if I develop something which
*could* link against ocamlyacc, then when I distribute it I must do so
under these copyleft terms, even to the extent of ensuring that those
who receive my code from third parties an get its source from me -- 6a
says "all recipients" after all.

-Brian