Re: RPSL and DFSG-compliance

I would really like someone to map one of the cited problems with the
RPSL to a stated requirement in the DFSG.  We might be willing to engage
in a conversation about changing the RPSL, but not in an environment
where it is clearly subject to the whims of whoever happens to be
discussing the issues on the list.

I would love to work with the Debian project on making sure RPSL is
Debian-free.  However, it makes it really difficult to engage the
RealNetworks Legal department when there's a lot of discussion about
personal tastes, but no mapping back to DFSG clauses.  That just makes
everyone here believe that there will be an endless stream of
manufactured excuses as to why future versions of the RPSL will also not
be considered Debian-free.

Rob

--
Rob Lanphier, Development Support Manager - RealNetworks
Helix Community: http://helixcommunity.org