RE: Keeping track of DSFG-free and non-free licenses

Keeping track of licences for prospective new packages is of interest to all
developers.

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 09:13:08PM +1000, Parsons, Drew wrote:
> >
> > I think it would be a useful resource if this page would
> also refer to
> > examples of licenses that Debian considers DSFG-nonfree
> (e.g. GFSDL,
> > XFree86 1.1, etc), with a brief summary of why they do not meet our
> > guidelines.
>
> This already exists: http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/
> I didn't annouced or linked this very "visible" yet as there
> are ongoing discussions on d-legal how to do this right. If
> you want, I can dig in the list's archives for some pointers.

Ah yes, that looks like just what I had in mind. A simple link from
http://www.debian.org/intro/free would keep me happy (given that ../free is
linked from the Debian home page).  I don't need to read the discussions
about it in the archives, it's enough for me just to know the page has
already been thought about.

[...]
> > DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential
> and may be
> > legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
> addressee.

> Always entertaining to read this on a Debian mailing list *g*

Indeed ;)  The stupid institution where I work (and live - I have boarding
arrangements here) applies unhelpfully draconic restrictions on email going
out from it (no foreign domains, even if you're authenticated to their
server), so I can't use my own email while I'm in here.  So I have to use my
official work email even when I'm dealing with my own personal business
after hours. *sigh*

Thanks for the link to your licences page.

Drew

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you.