Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: Choice of venue argumentation.

Sven Luther writes:

>> > I don't think so, unless contract law overrides it. Which is the question at
>> > hand here.
>>
>> Contract law can override that.  That does not mean we have to accept
>> that kind of override as DFSG-free.  I think the DFSG-freeness is the
>> question at hand.
>
> No, the DFSG as it stands has nothing to do with it. None of the current nine
> DFSG entries speak about lawsuits, and the cost of it.

The DFSG doesn't speak about postcards or the cost of mailing them,
but postcard licenses are considered non-free anyway.

"The DFSG doesn't specifically mention it" and "lawsuits are an
uncommon action" are not enough to convince me that choice-of-venue
clauses are DFSG-free.

Michael Poole