Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: Choice of venue argumentation.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:55:16PM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
> > And as said above, what about folk wanting to sue the ocaml authors based on
> > the licence ?
>
> How would that work? How can you sue someone based on a unilateral
> permission that they gave you?

Because upstream used one of your modification in a private version of the
software, without including it in the QPLed version for example ?

> I can't say I'm very happy with the choice-of-venue clause. What if I
> were to write in a licence that "disputes will be settled by my wife,
> whose decision is binding on all parties"?

Well, if your wife is a judge, maybe :).

Still we need legal advice on the exact consequences of this issue.

Friendly,

Sven Luther