Re: Summary : ocaml, QPL and the DFSG.

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote:
>Matthew Garrett writes:
>> I'm not convinced that applies. The clase is "These items, when
>> distributed, are subject to the following requirements" - what does
>> "when distributed" mean? At the point at which they are distributed? If
>> distributed once, these must always occur? 6a and 6b sound like they
>> only apply at the time of distribution.
>
>So could you satisfy the QPL's requirements by making the modified
>source code available once a binary download starts, and deleting it
>as soon as that download completes?

I think you'd have difficulty in claiming that the modifications were
available to the general public if they were only there for a period of
a few seconds. On the other hand, removing the source from your FTP
server at the same time as you removed the binaries isn't /obviously/ in
contravention.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org