Re: More questions about the QPL for a compiler

"Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Well -- using your arguments, let me claim that every french book in
> the world fall under the copyright of "Grammaire Francaise". I am not
> sure whom belongs this licence ( maybe "Bled" should be the good one
> )...

I don't think you understand the nature of copyright.  Dictionaries
are not copyrightable; the creativity in selecting particular words is.

> Compilers are made to simplify the task of producing binary code, but
> they only mimics what human should have written for code. Compilers --
> even the actual clever one -- doesn't have the skill to write loop code
> better than human...

But the human who expresses a beautiful and elegant idea of loops
*does* have a copyright on that, even if he writes it into a program
to produce customized loops.

-Brian