Re: arbitrary termination clauses (was: Choice of venue, was: GUADEC report)

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

>On a more fundamental basis, abitrary termination clauses are odious and
>offensive to freedom because we are not free if we are just waiting for the
>hammer to fall.  One of things you give up when you decide to share your
>work with the FLOSS community is your right to act as a tyrant, yanking
>people's licenses away from them in a fit of pique.

I think I'm inclined to buy this argument, though I'm unconvinced that
it actually makes any significant amount of difference to any users in
the current climate.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org