Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> wrote:
>Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> If there were, would we consider the GPL non-free?
>
>It certainly wouldn't be free in that jurisdiction.  Whether Debian
>decides to care about such jurisdicitions is, to some degree, a policy
>decision.  The thing about privacy is that it affects people in
>_every_ jurisdiction, so checking a license for whether it violates
>your privacy helps everyone.

But the dissident test would only be an issue in jurisdictions with
hostile governments. Which suggests (again) that the dissident test
doesn't actually represent the statement you're trying to make.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org