Re: Advice for middleman Debian package

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Cédric Delfosse wrote:
> Somebody pointed me that maybe I should remove all OpenSSL related
> code from the orig tarball. So, do you think this must be done ?

I'm not sure if that's ever been done for other packages missing an
OpenSSL exception that we don't link with OpenSSL.

If you've actually got the time and inclination, I would suggest
instead modifying the OpenSSL related part to work with gnutls
instead. [I've heard there are some wrappers which make this rather
easy, but I haven't done it myself.]

Don Armstrong

--
Dropping non-free would set us back at least, what, 300 packages?  It'd take
MONTHS to make up the difference, and meanwhile Debian users will be fleeing

And what about SHAREHOLDER VALUE?
 -- Matt Zimmerman in <gYuD3D.A.ayC.nGB39@murphy>

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu