mysql: New draft of the new FLOSS Exception Licence

Hello

Below you will find a copy a mail that I just got from the main MySQL licence
guy. I had a quick glance at the diff and it looks ok but I would sleep better
if you acknowledge this, too.

Background: Basically MySQL changed it's library licence to something
incompatible with the LGPL but with an Exception for free software to make it
still linkable to PHP and others. Of course this exception was a nightmare,
too and didn't work for distributions like us...

bye,

-christian-
--- Begin Message ---
Greetings All,

I am very pleased to announce that the latest version of the FLOSS exception has made it through rounds of review by the community, the MySQL lawyers and MySQL team.

The complete text of the latest version is posted at
http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/getfile/licensing/FLOSS- exception.txt?v=1.5

A history of changes may be found at
http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/rlog?f=licensing/FLOSS- exception.txt

(Click the (diff) links on the preceding page to see changes between version.)

Barring any unforeseen difficulties, this exception should be added to the next minor releases of the various official MySQL client APIs.

Cheers!
--zak