Re: Termination clauses, was: Choice of venue

Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> I'd be particularly interested to hear your comments on the asymmetry
> issue, which is most closely tied to a DFSG point: I can't distribute
> modifications under the same license through which I received the
> software.  The author used a license which gets him a license to use
> my modifications in a proprietary way, but I don't get such a license
> for *his* changes.

Actually, you can distribute your changes under the same license: the
QPL.  People who receive the software from you must grant you the same
more-permissive license to their changes as well.  I do agree that the
QPL is full of asymmetry, but I don't think most of it is a DFSG
problem, apart from the "send changes upstream" clause and the "choice
of venue" clause.

- Josh Triplett