Re: Choice of venue, was: GUADEC report

Florian Weimer wrote:
<snip>
> We can't do anything about that reliably, even if there isn't a choice
> of venue clause.  The licensor might just look for a court that views
> itself responsible, with suitable rules.

The licensee can reply by mail that the venue is inappropriate.  Now, some
courts do like to view themselves as responsible for the whole Internet,
but that sort of abuse does normally get struck down.

> It's very likely that
> copyright infringement on software somehow involves the Internet, so
> this strategy should be feasible.

I'd be willing to be convinced that this sort of venue specification is
"free".  It's still a bad idea.