Re: Clarification of redistribution

Mike Olson wrote:

> I've got a follow-up question for the Debian readership on the list:
> What documentation licenses do you know of that are DFSG-free?
GPL, 2-clause BSD, MIT/X11.

(We have high hopes that CC-by will be amended to be so but it isn't now.)

> How do you guys think about marks, and preservation of trademark
> rights in documentation?
Nothing wrong with old-fashioned trademark rights -- they exist solely to
prevent confusion.  If you try to enforce them with a copyright license,
you will almost certainly write something overly broad, though.