Re: review of jabberd2 packages

"Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> writes:

> I'm wondering if any of the frequent -legal posters would mind helping
> with a review of my proposed Jabberd2 packages.  There was some concern
> over the original package and the fact that a GPL'd work was linked
> against OpenSSL.  I understand this concern and the upstream author has
> been very cooperative in attempting to sort these matters out.  An
> exception has been added for Jabberd2 to allow linking against OpenSSL,
> but I would like to try and make sure there aren't any other licensing
> problems.

Iff:

* The entire package is under the GNU GPL version 2

* and there's an exception to allow linking against OpenSSL

* And every copyright holder on the package agreed to that exception
  -- so it doesn't reuse GPL'd code from elsewhere, for example,
     unless there's also a GPL exception for OpenSSL from the authors
     of that code.

THEN the GPL/OpenSSL issue is fine, and there are likely no other
licensing concerns.