Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>On 2004-07-13 23:05:17 +0100 Matthew Garrett
><mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> As I said elsewhere, I'm unconvinced by that. At any point you can
>> avoid
>> this by releasing the code to the general public. [...]
>
>Can 6c be avoided entirely by the simple hack of a momentary general
>public release? I'll be surprised if that is the conclusion,
>especially given the annotations at
>http://www.trolltech.com/licenses/qpl-annotated.html

I doubt it. If it's still being distributed, I don't think you'd have
any case at all. I think it would be far more reasonable to argue that
you only need to provide the code to the public while it's being
distributed. It's not clear whether "when distributed" means "at the
time that they are being distributed" or "if they have ever been
distributed".

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org