Re: RFC: moving from BSD to GPL

Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Is it possible for an upstream to change license from a BSD-old to GPL?
> Consider the hypothesis that the product is a derivative work with a
> few old contributors. I see no reasons to do not relicense after adding
> a credits note as required in the BSD license.

Perhaps a nitpick, but the BSD license does not give you the
power to relicense the work. You have several rights, including
the right to combine the work with GPL-licensed code, but not
to release the work itself under GPL.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself