Re: Visualboy Advance question.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> Please, could someone explain me why visualboyadvance package is in
> 'contrib' section of Debian? It's free itself, it depends on free
> libs, looks like it doesn't require any non-free stuff at
> all. There's also free (as in freedom) roms for GBA in the net. So
> what's the problem?

Even though this is being discussed on -legal, this really has nothing
whatsoever to do with the licensing of visualboyadvance or anything
else remotely related to -legal.

Perhaps this entire thread should be directed to -devel or the
ftpmasters should be polled for their opinion, or even better, the
maintainer of this package contacted and asked.

The DFSG freeness of the software has (hopefully!) been weighed, and
that's why it's in contrib as opposed to non-free.

Why it's in contrib instead of main is a question for the maintainer
and ftpmaster (and if you disagree with their assessment, the tech
ctte or developers, respectively.)

Don Armstrong

--
This message brought to you by weapons of mass destruction related
program activities, and the letter G.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu