Re: How long is it acceptable to leave *undistributable* files in the kernel package?

Raul Miller writes:

>> The deception is calling it "great lengths."  When I said the GPL
>> "deals with collective works in just two paragraphs" you focused on
>> the one where they are mentioned by name and entirely ignored the
>> other (because you don't like what it says?).
>
> You seem to be ignoring everything the GPL says about "works based on
> the Program".

Maybe you don't realize it, but a "mere aggregation" is also a work
based on the Program: it is a collective work.  Exactly how many
collective works are covered by that phrase is open to debate, but you
cannot ignore the GPL's treatment of such works.

Michael