Re: Draft Summary: MPL is not DFSG free

Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> You think it's beneficial.  Reasonable people might disagree.  Thus,
> while you might accept such a contract, it's not a free license.  It
> is always beneficial to receive software under a free license.

I disagree; obtaining software under a DFSG-compliant license agreement
is not necessarily a benefit.  Some people feel that the advertising
clause of BSD is a hindrance, for example, but that does not make the
BSD license agreement become non-free.

DFSG has some specific requirements and I think we should stick to them.
 Those requirements talk about use, modification, and redistribution,
and those are the most important things for open source software.

-Lex