Re: request-tracker3: license shadiness

Florian Weimer writes:

> * Michael Poole:
>
>> Can Debian properly redistribute rt3 if rt3 alleges both distribution
>> under the GPL and GPL-incompatible restrictions?
>
> I could send you a copy of RT3 without the offending paragraph.  Would
> this make you somewhat more comfortable with RT's license?

Why would it?  Debian distributes it with the offending paragraph.
Since the wording implies that the offending paragraph is part of the
license, I would not ask the Debian maintainer to excise it from what
Debian distributes.  Would you?

(See also the recent argument over the sanctity of unmodifiable
license texts.)

Michael