Re: Mozilla Public License is non-free: stipulates court venue ?

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 06:50:14PM +0000, Jim Marhaus wrote:
> Mozilla Relicensing FAQ
> 2. http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/relicensing-faq.html#not-yet-relicensed

This essentially says that "we're trying to get everyone's permission;
we're close and expect to be there soon".  As long as we believe this is
really happening, it should be fine for Mozilla to remain in main in the
interim.  (If a DFSG-freeness problem is found, time is allowed to fix
it--it's not yanked into non-free for a week until it's fixed.)

It might be reasonable to record the status ("not free, but expected to be
fixed") in a serious bug against the package, to be closed when this is
fixed, but I'd expect some friction to that that I'm not personally up
to dealing with.

--
Glenn Maynard