Re: Mozilla Public License is non-free: stipulates court venue ?

Sean Kellogg said on Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 09:55:55PM -0700,:

 > I don't believe the MPL was ever meant to be a free license,just an open one,
 > hence the requests and eventual agreement to release it under the

We had discussed the *Nokia* Public licnese earlier, found that it
identical in certain respects to the MPL
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/08/msg01842.html  ,

Concluded that the Nokia Public is not DFSG compliant, See
(among others)
(and there are others too).

And decided that we can continue with Mozilla coz. it is dual
licensed under GPL/LGPL.

 > Oh, wouldn't life be easy if everyone would just use the GPL or BSD license
 > and all these variations would just disappear.

Freedom comes at a price!!!

         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
~/\$ mv -vfi linux gnu/linux