Re: oaklisp: contains 500kB binary in source

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:48:21PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > I assume that cyclic Build-Depends are acceptable in Debian. It would
> > be difficult if they weren't.
>
> For essential packages, build-essential and kernels (not in the sense
> one build-depends on a kernel, but one requires a working kernel before
> running the build), it's understandable. For everything else, I consider
> that quite wierd.

There are at least half a dozen such loops in Debian already, outside
build-essential. Inevitable consequence of packages built with a
decent set of features. Bootstrapping involves a bit of
cross-compiling and a bit of manual scamming.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |