Re: libkrb53 - odd license term

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 03:50:37PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2004, at 15:12, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> >Be careful.  You're quoting US law in an international context.  Not
> >everyone lives in the US.
> You're right, this is isn't the MIT Kerberos, it's the KTH one...

I'm not saying the originating region matters; I'm saying that a copyright
assignment clause might be valid in some regions.  The only reason a
particular region might matter is if there's a choice of law clause,
which I suppose might render such a clause always invalid.

(I'd be cautious about that, too--any "this clause is non-free but unenforcable
so let's ignore it" reasoning should be taken very carefully, and with the
understanding that it may be ignoring the wishes of the author.)

Glenn Maynard