xvidcore

Hi,

I'm going to sponsor xvidcore, an MPEG4 encoding/decoding library
(RFP #232658), packaged by Edouard Gomez (one of the upstream developers).

I've been pointed out that MPEG4 is convered by a patent. However, also been
told that this shouldn't be a problem unless the patent holder is actively
enforcing the patent against us. Note that we are already using MPEG4 code in
debian (e.g. xine package).

Unless someone objects, I'll upload after a few days.

(please put me on CC, not subscribed)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)