Re: IBM Public License (again)

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 07:45:40PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> Gah.  I really have to read more carefully.  I read the license again,
> and it says that you have to sue a Contributor or sue about a patent
> related to the Program.  So if SCO had distributed stuff under the IBM
> CPL,

They may very well have done so -- SCO is not known for innovation.

> then IBM would have lost all patent rights.  It still sounds like
> a license bug, but not quite so serious.

If we can establish a plausible case here, it does make the issue of the
IBMPL/CPL ripe for reconsideration by IBM.

It would be nice if they'd work with the community in developing the
successor to the IBMPL/CPL.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       If we believe absurdities, we
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       shall commit atrocities.