Re: Draft Debian-legal summary of the LGPL

Humberto Massa wrote:

<snip>
> Yeah, but if they require forced co-distribution, I understand that they
> are considered generally non-DFSG-free.
You can require that the source be distributed to the person to whom you are
distributing the binary.  You can't require that it be distributed to
anyone *else*.

You also have to accept "making the source available on the same site as the
binary", without requiring the user to actually download the source, as
sufficient, but that's a technical restriction due to the way Debian
packages operate.