Re: Bug#248782: abuse-sfx: violation of license terms
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#248782: abuse-sfx: violation of license terms
- From: Nathanael Nerode <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:51:22 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Saunders wrote:
> An even greater worry is a clause that appears to make the Project
> responsible for enforcing compliance with the license terms:
>> You agree to use your best efforts to see that any user of the
>> Software licensed hereunder complies with this Agreement.
> First of all, does the Project really agree to that? If not:
>> If you fail to comply with any terms of this Agreement, YOUR LICENSE
>> IS AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATED.
> And if OTOH we *do* agree to that ridiculous condition, we are already
> in violation of this policeman clause due to our own policy regarding
> the US Export Administration Act.
I agree. Stop distributing it.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.