Re: IBM Public License (again)

On 2004-05-14 00:33:53 +0100 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:11:14AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
Free software licences should not contaminate other software, remember?
I agree -- and maybe I'm stupid, but I don't see a contamination
mechanism here. [...]

It imposes restrictions on what actions you can take over other software.

Can you point me at a contaminating mechanism which isn't also present
in a BSD license?

The patent paragraph of section 7?

With a BSD-style license, we would not have previously taken a license for patents held by the holder. Isn't number of licensees in similar situations taken as evidence in court?

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.