Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 08:47:58PM +0200, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
>  The GPL forbids distributing copies under a license placing additional
> restrictions on the recipient's rights.

True.

> If the recipient receives a copy of
> GCC (for instance) in DRM-uncopiable media, it is either:

Irrelevant in this context.

I was talking about versions of GCC modified to better integrate with a
proprietary environment.  [Where the combination of gcc+p.environment
is not distributable because the proprietary license and the gpl in
combination do not allow distribution.]

That that environment would be a DRM environment emphasizes its
proprietary nature.  Focussing on gcc on DRM media misses the main point,
because it entirely avoids discussion of the derived work which includes
gcc and proprietary code.]  For that matter, focussing on gcc on DRM media
also ignores the functional changes which would have been made to gcc.

--
Raul