Re: Fwd: reiser4 non-free?

On 2004-04-30 13:02:19 +0100 Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> wrote:

It is a pity that Debian and Suse historically silently cut the attributions

I think you will find that Debian would leave the copyright attribution notices, warranty disclaimer and statement of licence. Doing otherwise is a bug and can be dealt with simply.

Sadly, your "invariant section"-inspired changes to the GPL cause other problems, which seem similar to combining an ad-clause licence with the GPL.

[...] rather than engaging us in a dialogue about them first, thus inspiring the current license.

Maybe it could have been handled better, but you didn't seem to engage in a dialogue on the banner removal before publicly accusing debian of intentional plagiarism, so it's not entirely a debian communication failure.

[...] You the distros created the need for less free licensing by your behavior, frankly.

There is no need for less free licensing.

My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.