Re: Fwd: reiser4 non-free?

On 2004-04-30 13:02:19 +0100 Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> wrote:

It is a pity that Debian and Suse historically silently cut the attributions

I think you will find that Debian would leave the copyright attribution notices, warranty disclaimer and statement of licence. Doing otherwise is a bug and can be dealt with simply.

Sadly, your "invariant section"-inspired changes to the GPL cause other problems, which seem similar to combining an ad-clause licence with the GPL.

[...] rather than engaging us in a dialogue about them first, thus inspiring the current license.

Maybe it could have been handled better, but you didn't seem to engage in a dialogue on the banner removal before publicly accusing debian of intentional plagiarism, so it's not entirely a debian communication failure.

[...] You the distros created the need for less free licensing by your behavior, frankly.

There is no need for less free licensing.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.