Re: The QPL licence

Sean Kellogg <skellogg@u.washington.edu> writes:

> This is just my two cents from a guy who reads debian-legal has never
> commented before.  If anyone knows some good case law that contradicts what
> I've said, I'd be really interested to see it.

But free licenses are not contracts: they are deeds, licenses, grants,
but not contracts.  So the protections which might apply if I were
agreeing to a contract don't apply: the drafter is solely granting me
permission, and I'm not paying anything at all for it, so I have very
few rights beyond what he grants.

-Brian