Squeak in Debian?

[Sorry, resending previously unfinished report.]

Hi,

today I read that Alan Kay will receive this years's Turing Award[1] and
checked out his "Open Source" project Squeak[2]. I also realized that
there is an open RFP for it[3]. The package is supposed to be free, but
when I checked the license[4] and the package files, I encountered the
following issues which should be resolved before squeak hits the
archive:

(1) Clause 2 states: 'You may modify and create derivative works of the
Apple Software ("Modified Software"), however, you may not modify or
create derivative works of the fonts provided by Apple ("Fonts").'

This seems to violate DFSG.3 ("Derived Works").

(2) Clause 2 also states: "You may distribute and sublicense the Fonts
only as a part of and for use with Modified Software, and not as a part
of or for use with Modified Software that is distributed or sublicensed
for a fee or for other valuable consideration."

This seems to violate DFSG.1 ("Free Redistribution").

(3) Clause 6 states: "You may not use or otherwise export or reexport
the Apple Software except as authorized by United States law and the
laws of the jurisdiction in which the Apple Software was obtained. In
particular, but without limitation, the Apple Software may not be
exported or reexported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any
U.S. embargoed country [...]"

Which seems to violate DFSG.5 ("No Discrimination Against Persons or
Groups") since it explicitly excludes people in countries like Cuba (?)
from receiving copies of this package. I don't think we can maintain a
list of countries which the USA enforce an embargo on at a time.

(4) The distributed files squeak.changes and squeak.image, both around
10MB, are shipped in binary form. I wonder if there should be source
code to create them initially. (See DFSG.2, "Source Code")

Thanks for considering.

bye,
  Roland

[1] http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/46712 (sorry, German)