License violation in "new" Plex86

Hi!

I believe the "new" Plex86 project, a fork of the original Plex86 which is
currently hosted in Savannah, is in violation of the LGPL license.

The main author of Plex86 forked his own project (heh) to create the "new"
Plex86 effort, and relicensed it under the MIT/X license. He asserted that,
as the copyright holder, he has permission to do so.

But Plex86 included many contributions of different developers under the LGPL.
In order to relicense, he'd need either to have permission from each of the
copyright holders of the old Plex86 project, or remove/replace the code for
which he doesn't own the copyright.

I inquired him about this after his "license change" announcement, and obtained
no response:

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2078828&forum_id=26580

IMO, the "new" Plex86's legal status is in a very questionable state, and
should not be packaged for Debian unless the situation is clarified. If you
do agree with this, I'll add it to the WNPP list of unpackageable software.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)