Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 08:15:41PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2004, at 01:20, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> >I have a fear suspision that this may be more related to newworld, than
> >the oldworld stuff needed for miboot, which may probably be varying
> >between the different models we may need to support.
>
> <gasp> That's the boot block people are arguing about? That is
> definitely valid for oldworld; it was written before 1994. (The web
> site says '96, but I have a copy on my Inside Mac CD from 1994.)
>
> With "Generally, however, the boot code stored on disk is ignored in
> favor of boot code stored in a resource in the System file." do you
> even need those bytes after it?

No idea, but i don't have access to hardware to test.

That said, since miboot is replacing this System file, it only displaces
the problem, i believe.

And for the other mail :

Well, if it was only that, binutils-multiarch should work out just fine,
no ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther