Re: New summary: Binary peripheral software

@ 03/04/2004 08:40 : wrote J.D. Hood :

(If we are distributing it then it isn't firmware.  I'll call
it 'peripheral software' until someone suggests a better term.)

There are differing views on two different questions:
Q1: Is binary peripheral software DFSG-free or not?
Q2: What do we do about it?
<snikt>

5. Some binary peripheral software is DFSG-free, some isn't,
  depending on whether or not the licensor designates the
  binary as the preferred form for modification.
  We distribute it in main or non-free as appropriate.
<snikt>

This one has my vote. :-)

--
br,M