Re: POSSIVEL SPAM-- Re: Binary-only firmware covered by the GPL?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 06:48:19PM -0500, Guy wrote:
> The binary data stored in the .c source file is not the preferred source!

I don't know about you, but given the choice of:

1) A binary, hex, or other machine code source that I have right in front
of me;
2) A hypothetical source in a high-level language like C (*cough*) that may
or may not exist and that I may or may not be able to get hold of...

... I will take a bird in the hand every time.

And I do think that putting GPL notices into files implies that you think
they are source.

Now, whether or not Debian *wants* to distribute such things is a different
question, which should probably be answered on a case-by-case basis.

All IMNSHO.

Cheers,

Nick