Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:53:49PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>
> > Worse case scenario, this could be clean-room reimplemented.
>
> Before doing that, somebody ought to approach Apple and ask explicit
> permission to reverse-engineer the boot-block code and distribute the
> reverse-engineered source under a free license.

You don't need permission to reverse-engineer anything.

If we're going to talk to Apple, we should ask them to release the boot
sector and anything else we need within the scope of this problem under
a DFSG-compatible license.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Extra territorium jus dicenti