Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 04:05:48PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Hacker #2 affirms that he has never looked at the existing boot
> sector, and will not do so in the future.  He or she understands MacOS
> well enough to know how to hand-code 1kB worth of assembly (or
> possibly compilable C code) to create a functionally-identical boot
> sector from the plain English description.

If I understand right from my GNU hacking, it's preferable to take a
slightly different approach if possible.  Doing some of it in C instead
of ASM (if at all possible, obviously) might result in that anyway.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Ignorance was bliss.