Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

Sven Luther wrote:
> Rick wrote:
> > Now the part of debian-installer that died on me last night has an
> > easy fix:  Simply do not install any boot loader at all for that
> > subarchitecture.
>
> Rick, Quik can easily be used to boot from CD, no problem, sadly it
> cannot be used to boot from floppies, and thus cannot be used to install
> debian on a blank disk.

I'm glad to hear that quik can be used to boot CDs.  Sometime if
you have the time, I'd like to hear how that's done.

In either case, under my proposal, once the user has gone to the
trouble of setting up MacOS and BootX for the install process,
they might as well continue to use that setup for booting their
production system.  Unless you (or someone) can come up with a
foolproof way of packaging quik in a bootloader installer.

I'll do whatever I can to help with testing.  But if it drags out,
there *is* always the "no boot loader" option as a last resort.

Rick