Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 04:24:05PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 12:08:20PM +0200, Jeremie Koenig wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 09:16:14AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > => would mean contrib probably, but debian-installer is in main.
> >
> > The plan was to request a sarge-ignore tag on the "d-i build-depends on
> > miboot, which is in contrib", and try to find a better solution for next
> > releases.
> I'm not sure that that will help you at all. Even if we artificially
> ignore the bug, it means that the powerpc autobuilder can't autobuild
> the debian-installer package, which is Bad. I'm not convinced that this
> would be a valid candidate for sarge-ignore.

Well, the solution would be to force add the miboot stuff to the
debian-installer svn tree, and use it to build. This would make
debian-installer contrib/non-free though, which is why i asked for
debain-legal help.

Note that one solution for this would be to make an exception for such
bootloader stuff, and have them in the debian-installer SVN, in a
boot-loader directory or something, and use them directly. This will not
break autobuild, and everything would be fine, except when you upload
said stuff to main.

Sven Luther