Re: Summary: Is Open Publication License v1.0 compatible?, was Re: GPL+ for docs

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:56:11PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > - The person who makes any modifications must be identified, which
> >   violates the dissident test.
>
> Hmm, a question about this: Wouldn't make this the GPL DFSG-nonfree? It states
> "You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
> that you changed the files and the date of any change."
> Or does this not imply that I have to give my name, too? Have I only to
> state the fact _that_ I changed the files?

That's how I understand it, and I'm not aware of any GPL-using copyright
holder who believes otherwise.

It may be worth getting clarification from the FSF if this gives you
pause, however.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |        People with power understand
Debian GNU/Linux                   |        exactly one thing: violence.