Tracking -legal decisions [Was: Re: DRAFT summary of the OPL; feedback requested]

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Don Armstrong wrote:
> > It is defined somewhere.
> >
> > See http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html question 8.
>
> Do you think we should perhaps try to get a link from
> http://www.debian.org/devel to this (and perhaps the various other
> documents which have been assembled, such as Manoj's huge page on the GFDL
> problems)?  It comes up a lot.

Yeah, what would probably be best is to setup a
http://www.debian.org/licenses or http://www.debian.org/legal/ to both
archive our license decisions and provide a place to stick the FAQ and
links to relevant decisions|commentary.

Then link to it from the appropriate places in the Developer's
Reference, http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines and
wherever else seems appropriate.

I've been meaning to take a closer look at doing this soon, but
unfortunatly, my research has been eating up what little time I
possess.

Don Armstrong

--
A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but
won't cross the street to vote in a national election.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu