Re: X-Oz Technologies

On 2004-03-03 02:16:45 +0000 selussos <mgr@x-oz.com> wrote:

Does debian-legal ask these questions to every copyright holder who _reuses_
  an existing and acceptable license?

The X-Oz is not directly any existing accepted licence, is it? -legal members do ask these sort of questions about most new licences, when it seems unclear.

 I have read elsewhere on this list [...]

I strongly suggest that you give references when writing that sort of thing, else insanity may result. Also, dealing with -legal directly rather than through a summariser or maintainer means that you are talking to a range of people with different views who refine them over time to reach consensus (usually!), so someone else's bug wouldn't bind Branden.

On the point under discussion, I think both licence text and holder's stated intent have some value. :-)

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at