Re: JasPer License Issues: Some Potentially Good News

Dear Ben and Others:

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the draft version of
the new JasPer license.  Your responses have been most helpful.  I have
explained the problem associated with clause 3 (the
litigation-terminates-license clause) to Image Power, and the company
has indicated a willingness to drop this clause.  So, things are
looking quite good as far as getting a truly open-source version of
JasPer goes.  I'll keep you posted on further details as they become available.

Michael Adams, Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. and Comp. Engineering, University of Victoria
P.O. Box 3055 STN CSC, Victoria, BC, V8W 3P6, CANADA
E-mail: mdadams@ece.uvic.ca, Web: www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams