Re: Licences with mutually exclusive terms

Scripsit MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com>

> Is it true that a copyright licence with mutually exclusive terms are
> non-free?

Is there a specific definition of "mutually exclusive terms" you are
referring to?

> Further, is a licence saying:

>    You may prepare, copy and distribute derived works of this
> software. However, you may not modify this work.

It is confused and self-contradicting at least. If we see such a
license we should err on the side of caution and treat it as non-free
until we have a clarification from the author about WTF he means.

--
Henning Makholm                                 "Slip den panserraket og læg
                                          dig på jorden med ansigtet nedad!"