Legal question about a model

I found a new very promissing software for graphical mapping of EEG at

I contacted the author and filed an ITP. Preliminary debian packages at:

Unfortunatly there is a DFSG problem:
The software is totally under GPL but ships with a graphical head-model that
is confined to the use with tempo itself. (And this model is needed)
Is there any other possibility than bringing it into non-free?

I think this is like an icon that must only use with the original program or
how is the legal view on this.

Dr. Roland Marcus Rutschmann <roland.m.rutschmann@uni-oldenburg.de>
Dep. of Psychology, Univ. Oldenburg, Fak.4/A6, 26111 Oldenburg
Tel.: 0441 798 2836 Fax: +49 441 7985170,